As a supporter of the Washington Studio School (WSS), you know that WSS is a unique community of artists and art educators because you’ve supported the growth of this organization in many ways throughout our 30+ year history.

You have likely personally experienced our distinctive art classes and workshops from a diverse and talented roster of faculty, or attended our numerous free programs ranging from rotating exhibitions and associated artist talks to our Open Houses and The Big Draw.

What you may not know is that tuition income covers only about 70% of the costs of keeping our class offerings affordable, programs free and open to the public, building in good shape and talented faculty and professional staff on board. The remaining 30% of our budget comes from the generosity of individuals, foundation and corporate supporters who ensure we’re able to nurture this diverse community and keep our offerings affordable and free.

 

In 2016-2017 you helped us meet some major milestone and foster a spirit of stewardship that allowed us to:

  1. Increase our offerings to more than 50 classes and workshops, and over 14 free programs each year
  2. Hire three new faculty members and a full-time managing director
  3. Expand our annual programs, The Big Draw and Art All Night DC and announce new community-centered programs such as the WSS Alma Thomas Scholarship and Plein Air Painting and Drawing Meet Up.

 

As we continue to reach our full potential as a fully professional institution and  look forward to the year ahead, we need your help to:

  1. Increase our community involvement and partnerships in the District and beyond
  2. Continue to bring top local and national artists to WSS for classes, workshops, and lectures
  3. Ensure our classes remain affordable and related programs free to all District area residents through increased scholarship and work-study opportunities

 

We invite you to help us make these goals a reality by becoming a member of our Giving Circles. As a member, you’ll receive recognition on our forthcoming new website, receive invitations to special events and workshops organized just for you!

Pledge payments can be made in bi-annually, quarterly or monthly within a calendar year.

Click here to join.

On behalf of all of us at WSS, thank you for your generosity. We are where we are today because of the financial generosity and volunteerism of our community.

Questions? Call or email WSS Managing Director, Laila Abdul-Hadi Jadallah at 202-234-3030 or laila[at]washingtonstudioschool.org

back to top