Beginning Painting - Section 2
Instructor: Milena Spasic
Thursdays, 10am - 1pm
In this year long sequence of 10-week foundation classes, students will learn the fundamentals of painting, including:
- Proper set-up of materials and tools,
- paint and brush handling,
- ways of beginning a painting,
- seeing shape relationships,
- seeing figure/ground relationships.
- seeing value (light/dark) relationships ,
- basic color mixing and color vocabulary, including using limited palettes,
- techniques for creating space,
- and compositional strategies.
All work is from observation, and subject matter includes still life, interior space and figure. Oil paint is recommended, although acrylic is welcome as well.
Who is this class for: This class is for those new to painting or those who are looking to refresh their fundamental skills in seeing and painting before moving to the next level. It is always recommended that students have some drawing experience before beginning to paint.