Vibrant Light and Color in Drawing (10weeks/Online)
Instructor: Trevor Young
January 25 - March 29 (ten weeks)
Mondays, 2 - 5 pm EST
Students in this class will learn to decipher space, light, drama and color temperature through mark-making as a process of looking and invention. Skills and concepts to be developed include:
• understanding space using geometry and quickly calculated measurements,
• the building of gradient layers and rich tonality through a range of marks and materials,
• the use of smartphone technology as a complement to traditional materials for interpreting value and line,
• an introduction to color temperature and intensity through use of a limited range of colored drawing materials,
• and some use of free drawing and mark-making exercises to encourage the joy in being wild.
Understanding drawing as a practice is like whistling – it reflects mental state and flexibility. And fostering a flexible drawing process means putting judgment aside, just like we disregard judgment of our song as we whistle it.
Who is this class for: This class is for those with some previous drawing classes and understanding of visual elements who want to deepen their perceptual skills and begin to move toward a more personal, adventurous voice.
Once registered, you will receive an email containing information on how to join Zoom 24 hours before or the morning of the start of the class or workshop.
Image: Painting by Trevor Young